Announcement

Collapse

We Have Moved!

Please create an account using the same forum name here: https://forums.oldtimersguild.com. Post in this thread to get your member status restored: https://forums.oldtimersguild.com/t/...-stuff/616/872,
See more
See less

Ranger capstone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranger capstone

I have an 18 ranger/1 rogue that I was considering an LR+1 to make it pure ranger since I am so close to level 20. It was a tempest and I've turned it into an AA so the 25% alacrity should help if I take the capstone. The problem I've run into is that there are forums on MyDDO that indicate that the capstone does not give the bonus you would expect and most use haste clickies instead. Has anyone run a pure AA to 20 and taken the capstone? If so, do you recommend the capstone or do you think that it is a waste?

Re: Ranger capstone

My TR is a 19.1 AA so looking forward to hitting 20 so I can find out - in the meantime does anyone have an answer to this?

thanks
    Malachai
    Malachai - Fighter 4/Cleric 1 (Dwarf) 9th life - main character
    BloodMoss - 3 Arti (WF) - not guilded: PERMADEATH
    Nekronius - 22 Sorcerer (Elf 36pt), 4th life
    Ominor - 20 Monk (Human 32pt)
    DarqHonor - 20 Rogue (Drow 32pt)
    Satriani - 20: 12 Bard/6 Rgr/2 Rogue - SpellSinger/Arcane Archer (Human 32pt)
    Draffut - 22 Favored Soul (Drow, 34pt) 2nd life
    Malderion - 20: 18 Wiz/2 Rogue (Drow 32pt)
    GreyLaw - 20 Paladin (Human 32pt)

MedWell - 3 Cleric (Human 32pt) - playing with my son

Comment

I'm pretty sure I have the capstone on mine. Honestly I haven't played him that much except as my crafter, and haven't done any benchmarking.
      DDO Characters:
      Ghallanda: Vilas, Alphon, Whelm, Thaylan, Tyclmi, Amgine, Talc, Dedlee, Payle, Darell, Talenta, Zhen, Thrane, Arrith, Durdyn, Magefyre, Necrophil, Tulgey, Borogove, Hasugi, Shawal, Hailestorm, Branthan, Lightningbug
      Sarlona: Darrick, Schweet, Omagus, Chudan, Runeshot, Draggonbourn
      Cannith: Leeve, Alzon

Comment

My AA is only up to 13 but I'm curious as well. I'll see if I can dig anything up from forum posts.
        DDO (Ghallanda):
        Blitzsturm- Drow Sorc, Baddaxxe- HOrc Fighter, Synnymyn- Human Ranger, Killerwatt- Warforged Arti, FrMacallan - Drunken Scottish Dwarf Cleric
        There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Comment

Well, I have a lvl 20 Ranger with the capstone, but haven't compared to see what it does, just assumed it was good! What would be a good way to test this?

Comment

Most of the discussions I saw, dealt with putting a stack of 100 arrows and using a stopwatch to see how quickly the arrows would be depleted (no quiver and auto reload). Here is a link to one of the tests but as you can see the post is old so I was curious if any updates had changed any of the numbers. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...d+attack+speed

I have the black dragonscale armor that provides 10% ranged alacrity. I just can't decide if it's worth it to LR to full 20 Ranger for the capstone for the 25% competency bonus or stay at 19/1 and keep the one rogue level for utility purposes.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 855 at 07:22 AM on 05-12-2017.

Working...
            X