Announcement

Collapse

We Have Moved!

Please create an account using the same forum name here: https://forums.oldtimersguild.com. Post in this thread to get your member status restored: https://forums.oldtimersguild.com/t/...-stuff/616/872,
See more
See less

Would you like to Raid? and are not currently on the Raid Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you like to Raid? and are not currently on the Raid Roster

The officers and raid staff would like to know if you would like to raid. Please list your name and intentions on whether you would like to join our raid force now or perhaps later or maybe raiding is just not your thing. It would help us work out exactly what we need to fill out our forces.

If you are interested in raiding, but not yet raid-ready, there are players in the guild who are willing and able to help you get there...

Comment

Keep in mind these are FRIENDLY raids. Its more of the guild getting together on a few nights a week to hang out and get through some tougher content. No one gets yelled at or lectured about anything. Mostly Fiib can get you get geared up so you don't die all night and other people can help you do this or that so the rest of us don't die all night. We keep it relaxed and enjoyable and Cegaan keeps it all organized. We don't care about which class you are, everyone has a role to play. Except Assassins are the best.

Don't be put off by the "Raid" aspect of it. People are more important than the pixillated treasures we loot. But we do like our loot!
      Ginzuu 100 Assassin :twisted: Chaotic Neutral, providing balance when no one really wants it.

Emotionally unavailable, in a really nice way.

I apologize for any insult, real or imagined.

Comment

I am also available to optimize your AA build and fine tune your character. We have done some amazing things just by tweaking a little here and there. Don't be shy, let's have some fun together :)

Comment

That's for sure. Fiib tweaked me with adorns and AAs and doubled my health and increased my potency by 20%. I'm much more survivable now.
          Ginzuu 100 Assassin :twisted: Chaotic Neutral, providing balance when no one really wants it.

Emotionally unavailable, in a really nice way.

I apologize for any insult, real or imagined.

Comment

Would like to raid again ... i can only raid Tuesday. Fridays i travel to my home town to see the family. Returning player, any help or pointer to improve my toon is appreciated it ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chelo View Post
              Would like to raid again ... i can only raid Tuesday. Fridays i travel to my home town to see the family. Returning player, any help or pointer to improve my toon is appreciated it ...
              too easy brother and welcome back.. definitely we need to get you in heroics to increase that resolve otherwise youll be a floormat dirge which is no bueno. get in contact with fiib or bokai either ingame mail or during your gaming for pointers on reforge, adorns and what not.. you got your spells to expert already so thats a plus.

resolve, health and potency you will need to increase.. everything else comes with the zones brother.

Comment

The best stuff comes by doing the heroics and experts to get ethereal coins for the shoulders and chest and then from finishing the heroic weeklies while doing a couple of expert zones for each to get expert reward armor, then jewelry from using the raw harvest for the crafting completionist timeline. Best charm is from crafting timeline. The PQs reward coins for best in slot wrist and ultimately orange adorns. Orange and white adorns also from battlegrounds.

Comment

Vampyyra and Nightlife went all out for a good while to make the raid roster but we were short on some potency and told we could not be approved. We did raid once or twice with the guild. The desire is temporarily gone now and I am hoping some time watching TV and drinking beer will bring back the vigor. It is my own peculiar nature that has deflated my drive to jump through all the hoops both in game mechanics and org requirements to raid. I sometimes long for days that are gone and will not come again when as Warchief of a heavy raiding guild we took anyone silly enough to sit through the hours of a raid for the off chance at loot or even worse......the benefit of others in the guild or hell, even just for the fun of it believe it or not.

Just need some time.
                  I am the Last Harauchi........

Comment

We would love to have you both raid, the only real issue I see is the Valor mobs in PoI have a death count. This means we wipe if too many people die. We can still help you gear up so you qualify for raiding. It seems like you were fairly close to qualifying.

Comment

Trisc is right, we can help you get geared up. I highly recommend you come do some heroics with us to gear up. It's not just about the gear, but also the practice that you get from doing them. It will build not only confidence, but also skill. Skill will help make everything easier from raiding to gameplay in general. The up side is that we get to hang out and get to know each other better <3.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullvyyn View Post
                        Vampyyra and Nightlife went all out for a good while to make the raid roster but we were short on some potency and told we could not be approved. We did raid once or twice with the guild. The desire is temporarily gone now and I am hoping some time watching TV and drinking beer will bring back the vigor. It is my own peculiar nature that has deflated my drive to jump through all the hoops both in game mechanics and org requirements to raid. I sometimes long for days that are gone and will not come again when as Warchief of a heavy raiding guild we took anyone silly enough to sit through the hours of a raid for the off chance at loot or even worse......the benefit of others in the guild or hell, even just for the fun of it believe it or not.

Just need some time.
                        it was never my intention to disown you or make you feel neglected when i said disapproval.. the approval is for just the loot rules in our order of how we as raid council set up the loot.
                        i am completely sorry if i ruined your drive to come out and raid with us because that wasnt my intentions.. you and vamp are more than welcome to come hang with us and join in our shenanigans; in game or in voice chat.

as raid leader i apologize for this.

Comment

So after consultation with my online guildies a month or so ago I made a new 100-level toon to potentially get out and kick booty with the guild. After some discussion I was advised on making a troubador, and she is called Wyrdd (actually Welsh for green, so you pronounce it something like "uwrd", but "weird" is also appropriate, given the context).

I hope that tonight she will get to at least 108, so she is getting close to being viable, so I was wondering what else I should be working on to get her to raid specs? For instance I have no idea where to get recipes for high-level adornments. I've even googled it! I don't actually know what "Spec into Primary Ascension" means. Although I have many toons, spread over three servers, I did not find the new zone sufficiently entertaining to see it past level 101, nor did I find Ascension classes of interest until they were giving them away. However, now I have the objective of getting this toon to raid level, and I don't really know what I am doing.

Any help appreciated!

In case you missed the link, Wyrdd may be found on EQ2U here: https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_.../2598475098807
                          Aelfan in Landmark
                          Aelfan in EQ2 (Majdul and Hall of Fate servers)

Comment

Did you get the panda augments from the guy in Wakening Lands, other orange adorns besides the ones the game gives you are purchasable thru the bg and pq coin merchants. One ascension to lvl 15 is very helpful. Talk to Fiib or Bokai about how to outfit your gear. Hp, resolve and potency are the most important things. There is a list of raid requirements under the War Room. DO NOT be discouraged, we were all where you are now. We can run some groups to help out with gear improvements. Did you do the faction quest in Plane of Magic, there are also nice tradeskill ones from Valor that will give you a familar, a charm slot item and a lot of ts experience. Your AA tree is a must to help you run at your best potential.

Comment

Hey Wyrdd! I would recommend doing the complete PoP signature line if you haven't already. Doing this will get you to 110 and get you some Tears of Ro currency so you can buy the wrist piece we still wear. Trisc mentioned the panda in Sundered Frontier, which is definitely a must for your adorns and other goodies.

I would also check out the forums under War Room. You will find the basic stats needed to survive raids and be on the official raid roster. I use this site: http://eq2library.com/pop/class-optimization/ . This site will explain all the new stuff you need to optimize for this expac. I use eq2library for so much. It's a great resource.

I also have a bunch of gear I can dump on you to help get you to raid readiness.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 855 at 07:22 AM on 05-12-2017.

Working...
                              X