Should I come back? Can I come back!?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I come back? Can I come back!?!?

Hello OTGers! I hope everyone in XIV land is doing well. I've seen all the new content that has come out lately and it's got me itching with curiosity about returning to game. But I wonder if I am just too far out of the loop to realistically return in full form, in short order.

I always had a time issue/interest issue with making gil in game. I simply didn't like farming or crafting enough to invest time into it. It was easy in the early days to just farm crystals and queue up for bonus runs. But I made time to get close to or obtain full BiS gear and had pretty darn good DPS at the time.

I am currently playing Destiny 2 and plan to continue with Tuesdays/Wednesdays being our hot days for weeklies. New expansion coming soon too. I'll also be in Battlefield V during launch.

Anyway, I left after patch 3.2. So I am fairly far behind. My main was SMN and I have no plans to change that unless RDM is super awesome (RDM was my main in XI for the 10+ years I played). I appreciate it's not quite what XI's version was.

So realistically, is coming back something that can be done with limited game time (3-4 days a week at most with limited hours) and not take months? I'm going to be relearning effectively every dungeon/raid again and having to learn SMN and potentially RDM BiS and rotations all over. I couldn't get back into GW2 after a year+ break just due to the overhead to catch back up. I'll basically be walking back into a game that I have over a year of content and things to do possibly solo or hoping that LFG/queue is gentle and lucky enough to drag me through.

You can see where my character last left off gear/job wise here: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...racter/8580680
    -Seth

Uplay/Steam/Origin: sfdxsm
    Destiny 2 (PC): sfdxsm (Battle.net sfdxsm#1890)
    BF 3/4 (PC): sfdxsm
    FFXI (Valefor, PC): Sfdxsm, Red Mage
    FFXIV (Excalibur, PC): Sethington Sfd, Summoner
    GW2 (sfd.5931): Sether, Necromancer - Mr Seth, Guardian - Seth And Wesson, Engineer

Seth, we always enjoy having people return. Leveling is pretty simple, just follow the MSQ and they throw experience at you. Add in the leveling roulette and the new alliance raid roulette and it should be smooth sailing to catch back up relatively easily. There are now a few options for gear ranging from tomestones, to crafted to relic armor that will put you in a position to raid once you start working on 70 content. SE even gives you left side i290 gear when you complete your level 70 class quest (which becomes the basis for your relic armor).

Airen (Ariki Ko FFXIV CO)

Comment

Originally posted by Airen View Post
      Seth, we always enjoy having people return. Leveling is pretty simple, just follow the MSQ and they throw experience at you. Add in the leveling roulette and the new alliance raid roulette and it should be smooth sailing to catch back up relatively easily. There are now a few options for gear ranging from tomestones, to crafted to relic armor that will put you in a position to raid once you start working on 70 content. SE even gives you left side i290 gear when you complete your level 70 class quest (which becomes the basis for your relic armor).

Airen (Ariki Ko FFXIV CO)
      Ariki! Do you or one of the officer's have me on your friend's list? I know Ronnie does and possibly Phoenix. It looks like the Callback Campaign is still live if someone wants to take advantage of it and help me out at the same time.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...cial/callback/

If so, I'd love to request access to the forums again and come find one of you today in game for FC access.
      -Seth

GW2 (sfd.5931): Sether, Necromancer - Mr Seth, Guardian - Seth And Wesson, Engineer

Comment

Sadly, I do not. Hopefully someone else can send you a callback code.

Comment

Originally posted by Airen View Post
          Sadly, I do not. Hopefully someone else can send you a callback code.
          No problem! Any chance I can gain access to the forum again? I plan to reup for a month tonight and will look for an Officer to get an FC Invite.
          -Seth

Comment

WB Seth, see ya in game and and guild. cheers

Comment

Welcome back.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 855 at 07:22 AM on 05-12-2017.

Working...
              X