Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

GotM June Poll

New poll is up for GotM for June! https://forum.oldtimersguild.com/for...th-3-game-poll

We're going back to our roots. For more info, see this thread: https://forum.oldtimersguild.com/for...2-ddo-schedule
2 of 2 < >

May GotM is DDO!

We're going back to our roots. For more info, see this thread: https://forum.oldtimersguild.com/for...2-ddo-schedule
See more
See less

OTG in BFA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTG in BFA

With Cefwyn 's blessing, we have a horde guild in BFA. I'm setting people to be able to invite (I think. Just please toss a forum name in the note field in case people are looking for friends. We've already found and reported a bug. Many of the guild controls are broken (which is why I THINK I'm setting folks to be able to invite, will know more later). Fun times!

I'm spending most of my testing time on horde, which is why I opted for a horde side guild (and my favorite allied races!). The servers are merged (we tested that part already!), so server doesn't matter.

If you're looking for an invite, you can contact (so far):
    Keldruid-Sylvanas
    Antoccino-Sylvanas
    Melien-Anduin

If you catch me at my keyboard in Discord I can log in/invite as well.

I'm sure someone will (or has already made) an alliance side guild and can share that info as well.

Happy testing!

To all of you testing (sneak peeking) ... have fun in there.

I have a Beta invite but probably won't be testing at all this time around. I will do the content on (too) many alts and know I will get tired of it all without doing it an extra time ahead of launch.

If you find any interesting/fun things please let the rest of us know what to look for. I know there are numerous spoilers/data mined information out there but it can be helpful to have personal impressions shared.
    "It's up for grabs now!" Brian Moore 26-5-89

Comment

I'm with Penfold on this. My invite was not even opened.

***One thing to note since the OTG tag is being used: if you are just wanting to see the game and are not actively playing Beta in order to help them fix the game, it would probably be a good idea not to join the guild. The point of Beta is to TEST. And if OTG is not contributing to that testing process, it could damage us being invited in the future.

I have no plans to create an Alliance guild at this time. Some of our members have been testing on their own for quite some time. So far no one has requested an OTG guild in alpha or beta on Alliance side. I can revisit if/when it's needed. :)
      Always be yourself. Unless you can be a dragon.
      Then always be a dragon.

May I always be the person my dogs think I am.

Alliance - Aerythe, Daerdra, Daevaa, Alexah, Demmi

Mess not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Comment

Aerythe is correct, we should all absolutely be testing! They are releasing more all the time, it's impossible to run out of things to test. I need to equal out my healers so I can do a proper comparison writeup!

Comment

Originally posted by Hashberry View Post
          Aerythe is correct, we should all absolutely be testing! They are releasing more all the time, it's impossible to run out of things to test. I need to equal out my healers so I can do a proper comparison writeup!
          Just wanted to clarify that simply playing counts as testing. If you got a beta invite and just want to check it out, just do it. Join the in-beta guild if you want to, you don't have to explicitly consider yourself a tester. Blizzard--and any modern game developer--does much of their information gathering behind the scenes, so "playing" rather than "testing" still helps. Reporting an obvious bug IF you encounter one helps even more, of course. :)

That being said, I absolutely understand people who just don't want to spoil it for themselves. I feel much the same.

Comment

One thing I'm curious about: the new WoW Communities mentioned below. I'm hoping this might eliminate the need for Greenwall. Has anyone had a chance to check it out?

http://bfa.wowhead.com/news=275390/b...ttle-net-voice
            Then always be a dragon.

Mess not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerythe View Post
              One thing I'm curious about: the new WoW Communities mentioned below. I'm hoping this might eliminate the need for Greenwall. Has anyone had a chance to check it out?

http://bfa.wowhead.com/news=275390/b...ttle-net-voice
              They're not up in beta yet I can't wait to see what all they do.

The voice chat is in, but just for groups, not for anything community related yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hashberry View Post

They're not up in beta yet I can't wait to see what all they do.

The voice chat is in, but just for groups, not for anything community related yet.
                OK thanks!
                Then always be a dragon.

Comment

While browsing that information on Wowhead, the thought that came to mind was ...."is all this going to be pvp?" Then I figured (probably missed any notation) that pvp will be purely voluntary. Although I still occasionally run into areas that I end up getting auto flagged and can't run out of fast enough. I am assuming some of the areas in BfA will be phased based upon your choice, but I've not finished reading all the details yet.

It would be nice to see the map topography have a color delineation showing pvp areas more clearly. Anyway, just a thought.....
                  WoW
                  Battlenet tag: lynspottery#1834
                  Horde: Auryon (hunter)
                  Alliance:Agnass (110 Shaman), Friedbones (lock), Lapaau (46 Shaman)
                  GW2
                  Myli Tealeaf (ranger), Lyns Shaddow (mesmer), Ati May (mesmer)

Comment

I was reading that if you flag for voluntary world pvp, there is like a 15-20% extra xp bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by knightemplar View Post
                      I was reading that if you flag for voluntary world pvp, there is like a 15-20% extra xp bonus.
                      I'm allergic to pvp...so I won't mind not having that extra xp bonus....
                      WoW
                      Battlenet tag: lynspottery#1834
                      Horde: Auryon (hunter)
                      Alliance:Agnass (110 Shaman), Friedbones (lock), Lapaau (46 Shaman)
                      GW2
                      Myli Tealeaf (ranger), Lyns Shaddow (mesmer), Ati May (mesmer)

Comment

Originally posted by lynspottery View Post
                        While browsing that information on Wowhead, the thought that came to mind was ...."is all this going to be pvp?" Then I figured (probably missed any notation) that pvp will be purely voluntary. Although I still occasionally run into areas that I end up getting auto flagged and can't run out of fast enough. I am assuming some of the areas in BfA will be phased based upon your choice, but I've not finished reading all the details yet.

It would be nice to see the map topography have a color delineation showing pvp areas more clearly. Anyway, just a thought.....
                        You make the choice to pvp or not pvp in orgimmar/stormwind. If you choose to pvp, you are placed in phased servers with other players that have also made the choice to pvp. Which means that pvp can happen anywhere at any time. You can only turn off pvp by going back to Org/SW, you are committed until then.

Should you choose to not participate, you will not see pvp players and there will be no pvp areas.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 855 at 07:22 AM on 05-12-2017.

Working...
                        X