Announcement

Collapse

We Have Moved!

Please create an account using the same forum name here: https://forums.oldtimersguild.com. Post in this thread to get your member status restored: https://forums.oldtimersguild.com/t/...-stuff/616/872,
See more
See less

Hard mode ARK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard mode ARK

God mode was getting old, so I thought I might try something harder. Official server NA-PVE Aberration Primitive Plus CrossARK4 (37.10.124.240:7779)

When I first got in I thought that they had fully converted the map and there were no aberration dinos, because in the Primitive Plus world you only get a base set of recipes. I got a nice shock when I ran into my first drake, altho getting an egg and a saddle for one in the primitive plus world is almost impossible. The only way to get aberration recipes is as BPs, while you might get one, its a real long shot. I talked with one guy on the server that said he has found several aberration recipes, but not all. For an official PVE server it is surprisingly open, only a few area in the green zone where I noticed a lot of pillars out, mostly in areas where there are long water lines.
    Last edited by djoneser; 04-16-2018, 08:03 PM.
    Gaming Rig:
    PC--Rosewill Redbone U3 case, Rosewill ARC750 PSU, ASRock Z97 Extreme6 MB, Intel i7 4790 4.0Ghz chip, 16GB DDR3 PC2166 ram, EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti SuperClocked 6GB video card, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
    Display--VIVE and 3 Acer S231HL LED 1980x1020 displays on an adjustable Ergotron stand running at 5760x1080

Actively Gaming: ARK Survival, ESO
    Semi-actively gaming: Star Citizen, DDO, LoTRO
    Previous games: EQ, WoW, DAoC, EnB, SWG, Lineage II, EQII

I have a bit worked up on this now (base, traps, etc) if someone wants to try it out, remember that it is primitive plus first, then aberration, but this is also part of an Official CrossARK (4), so you can move between maps still. I find that playing on the weekends which often have a 2x multiplier that the tame times are not that bad.
    Gaming Rig:
    PC--Rosewill Redbone U3 case, Rosewill ARC750 PSU, ASRock Z97 Extreme6 MB, Intel i7 4790 4.0Ghz chip, 16GB DDR3 PC2166 ram, EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti SuperClocked 6GB video card, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
    Display--VIVE and 3 Acer S231HL LED 1980x1020 displays on an adjustable Ergotron stand running at 5760x1080

Comment

So I am actually breeding pretty decent megalosaurs on Official now. Posted some Screenshots in my steam profile. Maybe someday we will get the SE and AB engrams on Prim+!
      Gaming Rig:

Comment

Tempting.. :)

Comment

Don't get your hopes too high, prim+ has always been a bit of a redheaded stepchild, development has always fallen well behind the curve and they've usually let pretty big gaps go for far too long, last time I played the engrams list was months behind, to get a saddle for anything remotely new you had to get an administrator to spawn.

Comment

3/9 they just announced that it would be in a patch coming "soon" lol. SE saddles missing for 2 years and counting now still..
            Gaming Rig:

Comment

Did I mention the alliance?
              Gaming Rig:

Comment

No? Do tell!

Comment

Since it seemed like a friendly server, I convinced a couple of the other tribes to join an alliance. Alliances in ARK are primarily geared toward PvP it seems, with the primary benefit that you are not considered an "enemy" by defensive placements and dinos. On a PvE server like this is, that means it has a bit less effect, but it does allow building near each other. So we have a large part of the map that is actually buildable, and any columns placed by any of the alliance tribes will not prevent other/future alliance builds.

Most of Green base is near the Edge1 spawn point. There is a working Blue base also, good sized with a trap built-in to the wall, Z plant, water, etc.

If you can deal with P+ or prefer it, its been a pretty good place to play.
                  Gaming Rig:

Comment

Sweet. I hope it stays a positive alliance for you.

Comment

I think we already finished the drama part, lol. There was another tribe that was invited and accepted. I did not realize this tribe also had blocked off the NE surface for some time when they accepted, but another in the alliance did and the next day had built ramps over his walls. That tribe left but somehow is still friendly, and the end result is that the NE surface entrance is not only no longer blocked off but now has a ramp to the surface so anyone can go hunting there. Truth is stranger than fiction!
                      Gaming Rig:

Comment

I finally made it over to the Ragnarok map on the CrossARK4 cluster for Primitive Plus. I was sure that the zone in would be full of pillars and its NOT, that was the first surprise.

Made it down the beach from Blue obelisk on Ragnarok a bit and find a complete welcome center, with just shelf after shelf full of freebies, and not junk, I grabbed some missing blueprints and took them back to the Aberration map with me.

If you like or can stand the Primitive Plus part, this really is a good cluster to be on. I updated the sticky for servers to include it.
                        Gaming Rig:

Comment

I used to have a nice PrimitivePlus base and all on an official server, but since the destruction limit was set to 7 days, I lost it all.

That's why I don't play official server anymore. Primitive Plus was nice, though. The main currency on that server was spark powder.
                          Currently playing:
                          ARK (Waldy & Wozz): Querna Lore
                          TSW: Querna, El-Drytch
                          GW2: Reva Lore, Ella Lore, Mesmeralda Lore, Sprogg Lore, Sylvia Lore
                          FF14: Jaegerkin Lore, Enigmatic Nodder

Semi-retired:
                          STO, EQ2, BDO, WoW

Retired:
                          LotrO, Eve, Aion, Rift, PotBS, Skyforge, AoC, Champions Online, RoM, and lots more..

Comment

Thanks DJ
                            PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE - MOST OF THE TIME!%@#

Comment

OMG, its TRUE! They updated P+ and most of the gear is there for AB and SE now! WOW!
                              Gaming Rig:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 855 at 07:22 AM on 05-12-2017.

Working...
                              X